Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) is a Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) standard based on the Common Information Management (CIM) model. WBEM enables customers to manage systems consistently across multiple platforms and operating systems, providing integrated solutions to optimize infrastructure for higher operational efficiency. WBEM enables management applications to retrieve system information and request system operations as required.
In addition to the existing server models, WBEM Services V2.9-9 and WBEM Providers V2.2-3 provide support for the HP Integrity BL8x0c i2 blade and rx2800 i2 servers.
- On rx2800 i2 servers, prior to installing the WBEM kits you must have the VMS84I_UPDATE-V0500 or later mandatory patch installed and running.
- On BL8x0c i2 blade servers, prior to installing the WBEM kits you must have the VMS84I_UPDATE-V0200 or later mandatory patch installed and running.
here to download the new WBEM kits.
HP WBEM solutions for OpenVMS include HP WBEM Services and HP WBEM Providers for
the OpenVMS Operating Environments include:
- HP WBEM Services provide an industry-standard enterprise management framework
and resource description. The structured framework of WBEM is capable of being extended and uses
Internet standards. This enables developers of management applications to take work that has
been previously done and use it with WBEM to expose resource information and operations.
» Download HP WBEM Services
for OpenVMS V8.3-1H1 Integrity servers May 2009
» Download HP WBEM Services for OpenVMS V8.4 Integrity servers August 2010
HP WBEM Providers are the management instrumentation that provides data such as device type and memory configurations and performs actions on a specified device.
» Download HP WBEM Providers for OpenVMS V8.3-1H1
Integrity servers December 2012
» Download HP WBEM Providers for OpenVMS V8.4
Integrity servers February 2011
Providers available with OpenVMS Integrity servers V8.3-1H1 and V8.4 include:
- Environmental Instance Provider
- CPU Instance Provider
- EMS Wrapper Provider
- Memory Instance Provider
- Firmware Revision Instance Provider
- MP Instance Provider
- Enclosure Manager Instance Provider
- Utilization Provider
- LAN Instance, Indication, and Consolidated Status Provider
- VM Provider
- HP OpenVMS Operating System CIM Provider
- HP OpenVMS Computer System CIM Provider
- HP OpenVMS Process and Process Statistics CIM Provider
- HP OpenVMS Internet Protocol CIM Provider
Note: HP supports VM Provider only from OpenVMS V8.4 onwards, where OpenVMS
is supported as a guest OS under HP Integrity VM.
Documentation for HP WBEM Solutions can be found at:
The HP WBEM Solutions for OpenVMS integrates with the rest of HP's WBEM services and applications. Program information can be found on the HP WBEM Solutions
Hardware requirements: HP Integrity server
Software requirements: OpenVMS V8.3-1H1 and
V8.4 (Integrity servers)
HP System Insight Manager (SIM) requirements:
- HP SIM 6.2 for HP Integrity rx2800 i2 servers running OpenVMS V8.4.
- HP SIM 6.1 or later for HP Integrity BL8x0c i2 blade servers
running OpenVMS V8.4.
- HP SIM 6.0 or later for HP Integrity servers running OpenVMS V8.4.
- HP SIM 5.2 or later for OpenVMS V8.3-1H1.
» Send your questions, comments, and suggestions